Docking is one of the most stressful parts of boating.
Join our full day seminar and docking practice for some much needed stress relief!
This is great for folk who have completed their Basic or Intermediate and need more instruction and practice in docking. Spend the day with an experienced Instructor learning useful techniques for a safe docking in different conditions.
Cost will be $160 for a full day of instruction with small class sizes on the boat.
Dates will be posted soon or contact us
- Roles of the helm and crew
- Boat maneuvering at low speed
- Prop walk, what is it and is it friend or foe?
- Every boat has a stern thruster
- 3 point turn using prop walk and rudder
- Docking and departing a dock with various winds and currents.
- Use of spring lines to maneuver boat
- Twin engines
- Snugging down
- Ten golden rules of docking
Depending on interest we anticipate using an inboard auxiliary and/ or outboard engine sailboat.